The Language Technology Lab of the German Research Center for Artificial Intelligence (DFKI LT-Lab) invites applications in Berlin, Germany for a
in language technology, primarily in the area of machine translation. The focus will be on the analytical improvement of MT techniques and on MT evaluation. We are looking for people who enjoy working in an innovative and enthusiastic research team, love challenges and are passionate about research and development. We offer an excellent working environment with a variety of research projects. The successful applicant will work in a multi-disciplinary and international team in one of the world’s foremost research centers in AI and NLP. DFKI Berlin is located in the center of the dynamic, livable and affordable capital of Germany.
The candidates should have a master degree or PhD in computational linguistics, computer science or related disciplines.
Expertise and experience in more than one of the following areas is expected:
- statistical MT
- rule-based MT
- MT evaluation
- CAT techniques
Experience in these areas is a plus:
- machine learning
- natural language parsing
- NL syntax and semantics
- language data (corpora, dictionaries, thesauri)
- mathematical background (probability & statistics)
Expected are programming skills:
- Experience with programming in Java and/or C++
- Experience with scripting languages Python/Pearl
- Experience in web and/or database technology
- A good grasp of algorithms and software architectures
Expected general skills:
- Good communication and teamwork skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- High degree of motivation
- Able to manage own workload and meet deadlines
- Good organizational skills
- Good standard of written and spoken English
Successful candidates will be offered a competitive salary based on their qualifications and experience.
The position is bound to work in projects and can last up to six months. Extension after this period may be possible.
How to Apply
Please send your electronic application (preferably in PDF format) to Prof. Hans Uszkoreit ( email@example.com ) and Dr. Aljoscha Burchardt ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) referring to job opening No. 6-16/HU. A meaningful application should include a cover letter, a recent CV, and a brief summary of professional interests, and contact information for three references.
Preference is given to applications received by February 29, 2016.