Requisition ID: 31142
Title: Terminology and Translation Analyst
Division: Arthrex, Inc.
Location: INC- Naples, FL
Responsible for developing and managing the terminology process for technical terms used by Arthrex, working closely with content authors and teams across the company. Define and lead the processes to review terms proposed by teams, obtaining necessary subject matter expert input, and ensure that the terms are properly managed within the term database for use across the company. Manage and oversee the work of Language Service Providers to ensure that the specified terms are translated properly and made available for use in other languages throughout the company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with content creators, stakeholders, and subject matter experts to establish and govern a controlled vocabulary and corporate language.
- Identifies new terms to be added to the term database by working with content creators and subject matter experts.
- Manages term proposals process and approves/rejects new term proposals from content creators.
- Uploads new terms into the term database.
- Coordinates and orchestrates translation needs and services.
- Manages and nutures the vendor relationship with translation companies.
- Disperses term database information as necessary.
- Mines new terms and compiles monolingual and multilingual glossaries.
- Exports existing terminology into various forms of output including glossaries and bilingual dictionaries.
- Documents terminology process.
- Provides training on terminology to stakeholders.
- Collects, monitors, and reports on terminology metrics.
- Assists with proofreading of documents.
- Occasional travel may be required.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.
Education and Experience:
University degree in terminology or translation studies or equivalent work experience. Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a terminology management role.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or Training:
- Knowledge of international standards in the field of terminology and experience in translation management.
- Experience with implementation and management of computer-assisted translation and terminology tools (SDL MultiTerm, SDL Trados Studio, quickTerm, Acrolinx, Congree, etc.).
- Experience working with terms/glossaries and term databases.
- Excellent knowledge of English is required, knowledge of additional languages including Spanish, Portuguese, German, Japanese, Korean, Mandarin, is a plus.
- Detail oriented, process focused, and interested in training and outreach activities.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Team player and willingness to collaborate.
- Knowledge of medical terminology is a plus.
- Translation experience and/or localization industry experience is a plus.Machine, Tools, and/or Equipment Skills:
Experience working with computer-assisted translation and terminology tools (SDL MultiTerm, SDL Trados Studio, quickTerm, Acrolinx, Congree, etc.). Microsoft Office.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
To apply follow this link.