As I was doing some cleanup work I realized that I have quite a few URLs from sites like Scrbd that others can use as reference for their translation work. So I am listing there; if any of these no longer works please feel free to email me by using this link. If you have something to add to this list, email me or contact me on Twitter (Leximaniac). Hope you find this as interesting and as useful as I did:
- This English > Greek linguistics’ glossary was compiled by Dr. Ksidopoulos, of Unibersity of Patras. It’s quite comprehensive: Aγγλοελληνικό γλωσσάρι γλωσσολογίας
- 4-language medical dictionary: Elsevier s Dictionary of Medicine and Biology
- Ever wondered about stones and how these are translated into kilos? Look no further than this dictionary: A Dictionary of Units of Measurement
- Need I say more about this dictionary? :): Liddell & Scott-Greek-English Lexicon (here you will find the dictionary in all the formats available online).
- This is all written in English but it contains the ancient Greek terms also so it is really valuable for those obscure references we find sometimes in our projects: Greek dress : a study of the costumes worn in ancient Greece
- This an English monolingual literacy terms and literary theory dictionary by Penguin Reference: English Dictionary of Literary Terms and Literary Theory
- Barron’s Dictionary terms – English monolingual. A very good reference book; I have used it for years: Dictionary of Computer Terms
In a few minutes I will update this post with a list of ERP related glossaries. These will be solely English monolingual in their majority.
I am still planning on publishing a list of conferences that will take place during 2010 but this popped up and I thought it would be nice to share. So stay tuned, there will be more posting in 2010 🙂
The Greek geek,