An EPSRC-funded project, investigating face-to-face dialogue from a cross-linguistic perspective, is looking for annotators for information structure and/or intonation for English and Bulgarian.
The annotation will be performed in Praat. The data to be annotated consists of 1 hour recording of dialogue between 2 people (per language).
– Native level proficiency of Bulgarian or English
– Prior training in the ToBI annotation system (pitch accents and prosodic phrase boundaries)
– In-depth knowledge of different information structure phenomena
– Experience using Praat
– Minimum commitment of 10-20hrs/week for the next 1-2 months, to start as soon as possible.
Please note that only annotators that have the right to work in the UK will be considered. This means that you do not necessarily have to be physically present in the UK, but you have to be eligible to work in the UK (British and Bulgarian nationals are generally OK but please consult the Home Office website for confirmation). You will be asked to submit evidence.
The payment will be per hour of work depending on experience (UE06).
If interested, please send a mail to Katya Saint-Amand (Katya.Saint-Amand@ed.ac.uk) with the subject line [ Language: Intonation & InfStr Annotation ] where Language is either English or Bulgarian. Please include the following information:
– The type of annotation work you would like to do: information structure, intonation or both
– Your experience annotating corpora (if any)
– Your experience in annotation systems
– Your current availability of hours per week
If you know of potential applicants, please feel free to forward them the ad.