If you haven’t already booked, there are only 11 days to go before the start of our biennial conference, at Canada Water Library and Cultural
Space in central London; and there’s a great programme with interesting sessions like “Transforming Open Data to Linked Open Data using Ontologies in Big Data Environments of the Brazilian Govenment”, “Using Knowledge Organization to interrogate stories in the news”, as well as a panel on that issue and how we should respond as a knowledge organisation community.
There are presentations on
– the story of knowledge organization
– traditional classification and indexing
– the evolution of knowledge organization in the workplace
– stories linked to sound and images
– developing a knowledge organization community response to post-truth issues
– building narratives through linked data; through social media; and around the world.
The full programme, with information on registration, is on the website . For the first time it’s possible to sign up to one or both days of the
conference. A meet-up is hosted on the Sunday night before the conference, and an informal reception on Monday evening, to welcome you
to the conference and to ISKO UK. More information on both of those events can also be found on the website.