First Call for Participation – 6th Lisbon Machine Learning School
We invite everyone interested in Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing to attend the 6th Lisbon Machine Learning School – LxMLS 2016.
* Application Deadline: April 15, 2016
* Decision: May 20, 2016
* Early Registration: June 20, 2016
* Summer School: July 21-28, 2016
Topics and Intended Audience
The school will cover a range of Machine Learning (ML) topics, from theory to practice, that are important in solving Natural Language Processing (NLP) problems that arise in the analysis and use of Web data.
Our target audience is:
* Researchers and graduate students in the fields of NLP and Computational Linguistics;
* Computer scientists who have interests in statistics and machine learning;
* Industry practitioners who desire a more in depth understanding of these subjects.
Features of LxMLS:
* No deep previous knowledge of ML or NLP is required, but the attendants are assumed to have at least some basic background on probabilities and programming;
* Recommended reading will be provided in advance;
* Includes a strong practical component;
* A day zero is scheduled to review basic concepts and introduce the necessary tools for implementation exercises;
* Days will be divided into tutorials and practical sessions (view schedule);
* Both basic (e.g linear classifiers) and advanced topics (e.g. deep learning) will be covered;
* Instructors are leading researchers in machine learning.
List of Confirmed Speakers
- LUIS PEDRO COELHO European Molecular Biology Laboratory | Germany
- MÁRIO FIGUEIREDO Instituto de Telecomunicações and University of Lisbon | Portugal
- STEFAN RIEZLER Institut für Computerlinguistik, Universität Heidelberg | Germany
- ANDREAS VLACHOS University of Sheffield | UK
- NOAH SMITH University of Washington | USA
- PHILIPP KOEHN Johns Hopkins University | USA
- XAVIER CARRERAS Xerox Research Center Europe | France
- SLAV PETROV Google Inc. | USA
- CHRIS DYER Carnegie Mellon University | USA
- ORIOL VINYALS Google Brain | UK
- PHIL BLUNSOM University of Oxford and Google Deep Mind | UK
- ANTOINE BORDES Facebook AI Research | USA
Please visit our webpage for up to date information: http://lxmls.it.pt/2016. To apply, please fill the form in https://lxmls.wufoo.com/forms/
application-form/. Any questions should be directed to: email@example.com.
We are looking forward to your participation!
— The organizers of LxMLS’2016.
Please follow and like us: