The Panhellenic Association of Translators (PEM) joins forces with the Ionian University’s Department of Foreign Languages Translation & Interpreting Studies (DFLTI) to host Greece’s first ever professional T&I conference in Athens, on 30 September and 1 October 2017. The title is “Translation & Interpreting in Greece and the international market: the step forward.”
We are proud and honoured to have Dr Henry Liu, FIT President, as our keynote speaker, on this very first UN Translation Day.
The conference will invite the country’s most interesting speakers to focus on practical how-to solutions in key thematic areas including:
• Contemporary toolkits for international translation projects
• The role of university and continuing education and training in the professionalization of T&I
• Training our clients
• The implications of Greek government policies, and business models that work in the country’s continuing tough economic climate
• Prevailing against ‘low-cost translators’, machine translation and intermediaries
• Sector-specific challenges in Translation & Interpreting.
We warmly invite all translators and interpreters working in Greece or from, to or through Modern Greek to attend. The conference language will be Greek with interpretation available from/to English. The Conference’s registration portal will soon be open, and a poster and programme are also going to be out shortly.
All enquiries are very welcome. Please contact us at email@example.com for further information on attendance and sponsoring opportunities. See you on 30 September 2017 in Athens!